Wednesday, November 28, 2012 was opening day for riffle season in Kansas so Carey and I went hunting over the weekend. Saturday morning was extremely foggy so we didn't see much other than one small 8 point and a few does. We decided that we would go to a different spot Saturday night. It was extremely WAY too hot to be hunting and I had kept on several layers of clothes so I wouldn't be cold when the sun went down so I was sweating and ready to call it a night very early into our hunt. Needless to say, we continued to sit and wait and it was a good thing we did because after a little excitment (thanks to a few road hunters), I was able to kill my first buck on Saturday, December 1, 2012 with my husband, Carey. Unfortuantely a few of the antlers were broken off but the taxidermist will be able to fix his antlers so that I'll have a nice mount to show off my first buck. Happy hunting to all your hunters out there.
| Kansas Whitetail - 10 point |
No comments:
Post a Comment